2010-10-04

8 Months

The camera drone activates. Mitara is sitting in a simple plush chair, wearing her PIE uniform. Little else other beyond the chair can be made out in the dimly lit room. She regards the camera drone a moment before beginning...

It has been eight months since my last entry. Eight months...  So many things have changed... Some have remained constant.  I will attempt to chronicle them as best as I remember, lest the memories fade forever.

She takes a deep breath and speaks formally.

Aldrith has left the Praetoria and founded the Knights of the Merciful Crown.  He has attracted a number of pilots to his banner, many of which I feel he could do without.  First and foremost is Shalee Lianne.  I once held great hope for this pilot, but... I will speak more on her later.

Mitara raises her left hand a little bit. She glances down at it and fiddles with a ring.

After nearly a year of courting, Aldrith and I have been wed.  My name is now Mitara Newelle-Shutaq in the Book of Names, however CONCORD  records will continue to track me under my maiden name alone.

A small smile creeps onto her face and her voice softens as she stares at the ring.

It was a marvelous day, pulled from near disaster by Lord Merdaneth. Cardinal Graelyn had originally committed to performing the service, but he was detained in null sec. Lord Merdaneth agreed to stand in his stead minutes before the service was to begin.  We could not have asked for a better ceremony or more skilled officiate.

We were truly blessed.

The celebration at Mercy's Keep after the wedding is not much more than a blur to me now.  The whirlwind of people and well wishers had my head spinning. Many friends and wingmen, some acquaintances, others I have never met...

She raises an eyebrow and shakes her head slowly.

Even an enemy or two...

Her voice trails off as does her gaze. After a moment she gives a short tug on her uniform and sits upright.

I have been made an Admiral of the Praetoria. With the disappearance of Grand Inquisitor Piskonit, Admiral Blake assumed the position of interim CEO until the Grand Inquisitor's return.  Admirals Konstantinov and Lok'ri are both on indefinite  leave.  Admirals Blake and Shaikar, along with his Eminence Archbishop, saw fit to promote another Admiral given the circumstances.

I am still humbled and honored they have placed that trust in me.  It has not been without its trials, however.  The first being the reaction of Captain Fierach. A long time friend and wingman, I do sympathize with her to an extent... And I have forgiven her for her insubordinate outburst.

I owed her that.

Once.

The rift between us seems to have closed a bit in recent weeks. Time will tell if the wound fully heals.

Mitara leans back into the chair, taking a more comfortable posture.

The war rages on with no end in sight.  For myself, I am content to keep the Tribals out of our systems.  For now at least.  The toll of this war has been heavy.  My fellows and I are weary, though we will not admit it, even to ourselves at times.  I believe our Lord will remove that weariness when He deems it time for us to press forward.  I pray it will come soon, so we may be done with these heathens and the Republic will fade into nothing.

She steeples her hands in front of her and her index fingers begin tapping against one another.

Heathens, heretics, murderers, and terrorists.  May we show them the way of the righteous, and may they see enlightenment through the cleansing of hard labor and Scriptural study.  That is my prayer, many I am sure share it.

Others would consort with these scum, parade them around in front of loyal servants of the Empire, spitting on their toil and loss in servitude to the Empire, even going so far as to fornicate with them for all to see.

Mitara frowns, deep in thought, looking obviously pained.

She is a danger to us all, and mostly to my beloved Aldrith.  She has bewitched him and poisoned his mind.  And now he is gone... Gone to God knows where... While she destroys his legacy and has the audacity to place the blame on him...

While I must wait... Wait to hear when... if... my husband will return to my side...

Before it's too late...

No comments:

Post a Comment