2009-06-08

For a Sister

The video feed comes into focus. Mitara is paging through a book of literary works, sitting upright and proper in the familiar chair, her uniform immaculately pressed and cleaned

I spent some time at one of God's most serene places, the Amarr Legio Basilica.

Her eyes close and she drifts off in thought

You could feel a touch of the divine, the feeling of being just an inkling closer to God. It warmed my heart so.

She closes the book on her lap

I will urge Lt Cmdr Narutaki to spend as much time as she can in prayer and meditation among the Emperors of old... There she can find peace from the torment she has placed herself under. Let one of a softer heart than myself help see her through her troubles, Mr Shataq... Aldrith.

A small smile forms on her lips as she says the name. Her eyes open

He was so kind as to offer to speak with Aefee. I know if there is a chance she can reached, he could be one to do so. His calmness permeates the air about him, you can only feel at ease. His voice... the night he recited one of his poems, I didn't even hear the words, I just felt...

She trails off again in thought, and after a moment speaks again

I will leave a message for the Lt Cmdr, suggesting we meet there, so I can make the introductions.

A very strange night at Paradise, I did not stay long, just long enough to have a short conversation with Ensign Yoblleh and a pilot from the Mandate, one Katherine Dosch, "Red Katherine." The Ensign was going over the nights battles we had against the Tribals. It was good to see a pilot studying to better himself for the next fight. Ms Dosch and I made small talk, she seems a decent sort. I have not met many from the Mandate, if they are all as she, I feel safe knowing that God has at the very least begun tugging at their hearts.

Mitara drums her fingers against the book on her lap

The Lt Cmdr... I wish so much for her to feel His embrace again... I pray she finds it before it is too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment