2009-06-01

Wear Down

Mitara sits wrapped with a thick blanket in her seating chair, a steaming mug sit next to her on the side table. She looks uncharacteristically unkept, somewhat pale, and looking very tired...

It seems my schedule has finally caught up to me. I do not know if I had acquired the virus prior to my swim, or if that was the key factor. Regardless my immune system has been worn down and I am sick.

A violent cough shakes her body

Curses!

I checked in briefly with the Praetoria this evening. Captain Vaarun felt things were well in hand defensively, and LtJg Strife and her fleet were just returning from a successful raid into Matari space.

I do feel guilty that I am not doing my part these last days...

Mitara begins to speak but her voice cracks. She rolls her eyes, takes a sip of the hot drink next to her, and clears her throat.

The positive side of being cooped up in my apartment is that I have had time to start working on the report Commodore Piskonit has asked me to compile. My first draft is complete, but I still need to put together the metrics portion of the report. I should...

Another cough wracks her body

I should be able to finish and deliver my complete first draft to the Commodore in the next day or two. God willing my body will have driven this infernal sickness from itself by then.

On a personal note, my father stopped by PIE headquarters to surprise me, but the surprise was his to learn of my illness. He contacted me, wishing me well, and said he hopes to see me the next time he was in the region.

Mitara pulls the blanket tightly around herself as the video feed goes black

No comments:

Post a Comment