2009-06-05

Unexpected Blessings

Mitara is in her seating chair, wearing her full dress uniform. Several books are laying open next to her on the side table. She is very focused, busily working on her datapad

Admiral Lok'ri has announced this months promotions. Most were of the standard fare. It was nice to see Condor, 'Omnicide', and Saif move up. Garst Tyrell managed to still be promoted, surprising given his role during Aefee's breakdown. His hatred of the Kingdom is startling. Are we not all Amarr? Given these times of miracles and extraordinary calamaties I pray his heart softens towards the idea of better relations between us and the Kingdom.

Mitara pages through one of the open books, finding what she was looking for, she continues working

I am most proud of young Ensign Karvash, now LtJG Karvash. I do wonder if I was the only officer that submitted a recommendation to the Admiral. I somehow doubt it. He is an outstanding pilot, a fine example of a Praetorian.

The most shocking promotions were the appointment of three new mid grade Senior Officers. Captain Vaarun is no longer alone.

She smiles, looking out into space through the huge view port window.

My Sister Veshta. God's Angel of Retribution herself. A worthy and noble woman. Though I have not shared many words with her for some time, I still consider her a close friend. I look back very fondly on our friendly rivalries when we first became Praetorians. My one victory...

Mitara chuckles as she gently lifts the Sword of God medal on her uniform, looking at it and says, "Not but a day or two later did she too qualify for PIE's highest combat honor. "

In the end, she proves to be of God's divine wraith walking among us. I could never match. Her name is known and feared throughout Shakor's militia, and rightfully so.

She lets the medal fall back into place and gazes again into the void

Captain Laerise, another feared and known warrior to our enemies. These past months we have grown closer, and to be honest, I would not have expected it. Her reputation preceeded her as a hard hearted soul, much like Lt Tyrell. That assumption has proved untrue.

Her brow furrows

I still cannot comprehend, however, that she is married to that Chase Starbright.... a woman. I doubt this was God's intent on how we were to mate. When Ensign Lianne said during one of our chats, "her wife," I naturally thought I had misheard her. It does explain the odd feeling I had watching the two of them. I hope to not be in the company of both of them together again, it would be quite uncomfortable.

A slight grin appears on Mitara's face, she appears satisfied with herself, looking down at her datapad

There we have it, this archaic NeoCom interface will not defeat me.

Her gaze again goes to her uniform, this time to her rank insignia, her grin widens

How long, I wonder, will it be before I am used to hearing "Captain Newelle"

No comments:

Post a Comment